2015年10月21日 星期三

Searching for inspiration, consumerism

For searching inspiration on creating meaningful artwork, I used to think I don't have a specific, or strong opinion on things happening in this society, but recently, I begin to have some complain about life, or our society.

As some of my friend enjoys shopping products and Jews too much, I started to think about what consumerism did to our life. Although I'm also a fan of pretty jewels, I never like the idea of consumption, to be honest I quite hate what it did to people's attitude and values towards life. All they can think about is buy buy buy, if the thing you like it, you should buy it, should own it. What kind of absurd concept is it? If you like the nature so much, do you need to buy it and own it? I truly hate the thought of owning a thing which is not necessarily need to be owned, why can't we just like it for the way it Is instead of owning not it? That is sort of a selfish and self centered thought. Seems like people have been brain washed by the materialism and consumerism.

I know it also has a positive effect to the society, but the impact is too big, I really cannot oversee what pathetic influence it did to people, especially the youth.

But, do inspiration needs to be come from complains and hatred?

沒有留言:

張貼留言