2015年10月21日 星期三

Sudden though during study of minimalism

Actually I think that someone had definitely tried that before, but nvm, I'm still gonna write that down.
In consideration of side-specific and minimalism itself,
what if I made a gigantic circular canvas,
paint in a flat yellow, and hang it on the wall.
When a little bit of light(either natural light/man-made light source, I didn't think about that) hit on that canvas, would it be able to simulate the warm sun light that everybody, every living things love and need?

I would like the canvas to be with huge thickness, inspired by minimalism: this not only a painting, it's already an object.

Also, would it be too much to add a black spot to metaphor the sun? Would it also be too much too make it a donuts yellow shape?

Also, it's actually the first time that I think that place matters.
So I may think about where can I put it to make it great.

I saw an art work before with similar idea, but it was to play the different light project on a huge circle screen.

I would love to build it if it was not highly repetitive with artwork ppl saw in the art market tho.

I think this work can have a sense of balance, at the same time give a warm-heart sensation to viewers, I hope it does.

沒有留言:

張貼留言